Cast Aluminum Fondue Set | Realp | Swissmar
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 375ºF, although it can be cooked properly down to 360ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Pot made of aluminum with a non-stick coating.
- Modern design with mix of materials – aluminum and copper-plated stainless steel.
- Versatile with all types of fondue: Cheese, Oil/Broth, Chocolate. Also great for one-pot meals such as chili, hearty soups, Swedish meatballs, hot nacho and veggie dips
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Oven safe up to 500°F / 260°C.
- Gift Boxed.
- Non-stick aluminum pot with 1.5 L / 1.58 Q capacity.
- 18/8 Copper-plated stainless steel spatter guard (for meat fondue).
- Six copper-handled forks with numbered tips (Roman numerals).
- 18/8 copper-plated stainless steel burner and rechaud.
- Black chrome-plated base plate.
Related Products and Replacement Parts