Cast Iron Fondue Set | Lucerne | Matte Black | Swissmar
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 375ºF, although it can be cooked properly down to 360ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Provides even heat distribution –no hot spots
- Ideal for cooking at high & low temperatures
- Can be used on all heat sources
- Suitable for cheese, meat & chocolate (use spatter ring for meat only)
- Pot enamelled on the inside & outside
- Easy to clean
- Matte black cast iron pot -2L
- Spatter ring
- Fondue Burner
- 6 numbered forks
- Rechaud-black cast iron
Related Products and Replacement Parts