Swissmar Bienne 11 Pc Stainless Steel Fondue Set
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 375ºF, although it can be cooked properly down to 360ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Pot made of 0.8mm thick, 18/8 stainless steel
- Tapered opening to keep the heat inside the pot, allowing the oil to remain above 350 degrees without spattering
- Traditional pot design with hammered mirror finish
- Versatile: also great for one-pot meals such as chilli, hearty soups, Swedish meatballs, hot nacho and veggie dips
- Pot: 0.8mm thickness,18/8 stainless steel pot, mirror-finish, 6"/15.24 cm diameter, 2 L / 2.11 qt capacity
- Stainless steel spatter guard (for meat fondue)
- 6 stainless steel numbered forks
- 18/8 stainless steel burner
- Stainless steel rechaud and base plate
Related Products and Replacement Parts