Swissmar Geneva Fondue Set
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 375ºF, although it can be cooked properly down to 360ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Pot made of 0.7mm thick, 18/8 stainless steel with 5mm aluminum, 18/0 bottom for added protection and stability of heat
- Tapered opening to keep the heat inside the pot, allowing the oil to remain above 350 degrees without spattering
- Modern pot design with shiny mirror finish
- Versatile: also great for one-pot meals such as chilli, hearty soups, Swedish meatballs, hot nacho and veggie dips
- Chocolate fondue recipe available
11-Pc Set Includes:
- Meat fondue pot: mirror-finish stainless steel, 6"/15cm diameter, 2 L / 2.11 qt capacity
- Spatter guard: 0.6mm thick, 18/8 stainless steel
- 6 numbered stainless steel forks
- 18/8 stainless steel burner
- Stainless steel wire rechaud
- Bamboo base plate
Related Products and Replacement Parts